Project Management Software is software that is now widely used by many industries in project planning, scheduling, and resource allocation. It is very helpful software as it allows the entire team along with the project managers to control their budget, all documentation exchanged throughout a project, and quality management. There is some functionality that makes project management software good. These functionalities are, the ability to assign and update tasks, being able to organize and share key project documents, providing an easy and smooth flow of communication, tools to offer calendars that can help in understanding the status of a task like how much time is left to complete it, and so on.
List of Best Project Management Software 2021
Asana project management keeps the work organized. It is software that offers projects, tasks, conversations, and dashboards. One of the features which make it amazing is its ability to add custom fields and track only what is of concern. Asana also offers Team pages where ideas can be exchanged among the team members and conversations can be done with ease. It has a ‘Smart Box’ where the members of the team receive important work updates rather than all the messages back and forth. Asana can be integrated with a large no of other systems including Dropbox, Google Drive, MailChimp, Github, and more.
Features of Asana:
- Proofing- Asana gives clear feedback on a task, to clarify exactly what has to be done.
- Image proofing- Drop clear feedbacks by leaving comments on the PDFs or images.
- Tasks- Breaks the work into pieces for your team to make it manageable.
- Templates- Any type of team can access to templates and can use them every time they run a project.
Pricing of Asana:
- Asana offers a basic free version.
- Premium plan- available at $9.99 per month. Business can sign up for this.
- Enterprise package which offers more support (pricing upon request).
ClickUp is an advanced project management solution with almost each and every feature and integration that a small and big enterprise needs so as to run a business smoothly with the team. The ClickUp is available for free and anyone can use it with some limited features such as Asana. But for SMEs and startups, even the free version can be very helpful as it has many integrations and features that can be used. ClickUp has recently received $400 in Series C funding. ClickUp has List, Table, Gantt, Timeline, Box, Calendar, Board, Activity, Map, Workload, & Mind Map views available. It is very well documented which means most of its features and integration is well equipped with a tutorial video so that you don’t need to navigate YouTube every time to understand the basics of any feature or integration.
Features of ClickUp
- Many Views available to choose from
- Custom Fields to help you visualize and track any data
- Very well nested subtasks and checklists
Pricing of ClickUp
- Free Forever – free forever, best for personal use
- Unlimited – $5 Per month per member, best for small teams
- Business – $9 per month per member, best for mid-sized teams
- Business Plus – $19 per member per month, best for multiple teams
- Enterprise – Custom Pricing, best for large teams
Wrike is a super project management tool that comes with all exciting features to effectively manage tasks. Its easy-to-navigate UI and pricing plans, of course, make it one of the preferable project management tools. It is being widely used by small to large-sized enterprises with confidence. Wrike makes the work management quite easy, relaxing, and tension-free. There are many useful integrations available with Wrike so that you can easily manage things way better.
Features of Wrike
- Tools for any team
- Better Collaboration with the team
- 360 Degree Visibility
- Scalable Project Management Software
- Various Boards for Task Management
- Pre-built Project Templates
- Utilization of Custom Fields
Pricing of Write
There are various plans for Wrike. The main two plans are professional and Business plans. In the professional plan, you have to pay $9.80 per user per month and in the business plan $24.80 per user per month.
- Free – $0 user/month
- Professional – $9.8 user/month
- Business – $24.8 user/month
- Enterprise – Custom
- Pinnacle – Custom
Jira is a famous and professional project management software by Atlassian. It caters mostly to the agile, software development teams. Within this project management tool, teams can create Kanban boards, customizable scrum boards, and make use of agile reporting. Users can also notice the time spent per task and track bugs. This software comes with a robust set of APIs and enables the users to connect it with any third-party software. It is having some advanced features, filters, reporting options, and integrations that make it not a medium but need for many businesses out there.
Features of Jira
- Kanban boards- There is a flexible Kanban board that gives your team full visibility enabling you to deliver maximum output in a minimal cycle of time.
- Agile reporting- Teams can access how their team is performing with real-time.
- Roadmaps- Communicate plans, sketch out big picture, and ensure your roadmap connects to your team’s work.
Pricing of Jira
- Free- at $0.
- Standard- At $7.50 per user (average).
- Premium- $14.50 per user (average).
- Enterprise- Billed annually.
Trello is an online kanban tool. It visualizes an entire project with just a view. With Trello, you can make cards and move them around on “board”. These cards can display- for example, to-do lists or conversations, placed on a board, making them accessible to any tool user. Trello is very popular for its ease of use and simplicity. Though packed with fewer features, it serves the purpose of millions of people to manage their time, team, and tasks
Features of Trello
- Easy drag and drop editing can be done using Trello.
- Card Covers- Make collaborations with colorful card covers. All you have to do is click on the button named “Cover” on the card back.
- Advanced Checklists- Align your team on tasks with advanced checklists.
- Butler Automations- Build better workflows with butler automation.
Pricing of Trello
- Trello offers a free trial at $0.
- Trello Gold- At $5 per month.
- Trello Business Class- At $5 per month.
ProofHub is a project management online app that places a special focus on simplicity. It is mainly designed for small and growing businesses. In ProofHub projects are assigned to groups and clients, who are able to share, discuss and edit. This project management app offers to create custom roles for users to make Gantt charts.
Features of ProofHub
- Table view- Manage tasks with ease. Plan and manage projects in a way that’s best for your team.
- Multilingual- Eliminate the barrier of language. Set any language of your interface and communicate with teams and clients.
- Gantt charts- Plan projects as work changes and set dependencies between tasks.
- Project templates- Use project templates and save a lot of time. Add and save project templates and use them later.
Pricing of ProofHub
- ProofHub offers a free trial.
- Essential plan- It’s pricing is $45.00 per month billed annually.
- Ultimate control plan- At $99.9 per month billed monthly or at $88.00 per month billed annually.
Basecamp is project management software that is very famous and is used widely by many project management teams. Using Basecamp users can even take part in discussions via email. There is a designed discussion area where users can leave their comments and a recap of the projects on which your team is working is sent on a daily basis to your email.
Features of Basecamp
- Add Admin for the project- Give admin role to team members to enable them manages the project.
- Create To-Do Lists- Create tasks in the project and assign due date along with a person to the task. An email will be sent regarding this to the person.
- Manage Project Calendar- Basecamp calendar is a little comprehensive. One can see events, projects and deadlines all in one view.
Pricing of Basecamp
- Basecamp is free for teachers and students.
- It comes for Businesses at $99 per month.
Nifty is new-wave project management software. It is a tool that reduces project development cycles and enhances team productivity by combing all the major features of project management into the software. Nifty allows you to manage projects through both list view and kanban, has a built-in calendar that can be integrated with files, documents, and Google.
Features of Nifty
- Budget Management- Nifty has the ability to control and administer finances associated with the business.
- Task Management- It is the method of tracking the progress of your project from start to finish.
- Milestone Tracking- Milestones are used to classify completion dates in order to compare projected dates with the committed dates as per the progress of the project.
Pricing of Nifty
- Starter- At $49.00 for 10 users per month.
- Pro- At $99.00 for 25 users per month.
Zoho projects are project management software with a straightforward clean interface. This is an extensive software that covers the following areas everything from project managing and Gantt Charts to Reporting Tools, Collaboration Software (to ease the contact between vendors, consultants, clients, and employees), and Document Management. Zoho Projects can be integrated with DropBox and Google Apps.
Features of Zoho Projects
- Project baseline- Create a baseline for your projects at a fixed period interval to compare your progress.
- Blueprint- Design workflows to automate your tasks and make mundane work simpler.
- Portfolio dashboard- Access to an overall view of your tasks, projects, and issues in your portal.
- Budgeting- Control and administer finances associated with the business.
Pricing of Zoho Projects
- Free- At $0
- Premium- At $350 per user per month.
- Enterprise- At $700 per month
Monday.com lets you create your personal workflow. With this workflow, you can highlight elements like text, locations, and time management. You can save a lot of time by sharing this tool with your entire team and recording only the important conversations and documents.
Features of Monday.com
- Intuitive User Interface- It comes with an intuitive user interface.
- Individual Workloads- On monday.com you can easily assign a person an item by firstly adding that person to a column.
- Reporting and Analytics- Monday.com comes with reporting and analytics.
Pricing of Monday.com
- Individual- At $0 which is free forever.
- Basic- At $8 seat/month. Total $24 / month.
- Standard- At $10 seat/month. Total $30/month.
- Pro- At $16 seat/month. Total $48/month.
Teamwork Projects is amazing project management software for project management users. It includes all the tools that are needed to track the update and development of a project. This software is very flexible and easy to use. It helps the team to visualize the project using a Gantt chart, marked calendar and set-up reporting. It is accessible with Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box.com.
Features of Teamwork Projects
- Gantt Chart- Gantt chart gives you full visibility of your tasks.
- Kanban board view- Use boards to automate workflow and provide your team with a simple way to visualize their tasks.
- Task list templates- Create and save task list templates and use them when creating new similar task list.
- Custom Fields- Manage, track and filter information that’s important to your business needs.
Pricing of Teamwork Projects
- Free Forever- At $0 for individuals and small teams.
- Deliver- At $10 per month for managing multiple projects.
- Grow- At $18 per month for larger teams.
MeisterTask is a very simple and powerful Kanban structure. It facilitates the smooth management of projects. MeisterTask has a wide range of collaborative capabilities. This intuitive and smart online task management software is a popular choice for teams who value user experience and clean visual design.
Features of MeisterTask
- Personal board- It has a personal board to which tasks from any type of project can be pinned and organized.
- Automation- Automate repeating steps and increase efficiency and consistency.
- Dashboard- MeisterTask dashboard is customizable and includes a personal checklist.
Pricing of MeisterTask
- Basic- Free.
- Pro- At $4.19 per month.
- Business- At $10.39 per month
Crux of the segment
So, these are some of the best project management tools that you can use to manage your work, team, and time. Most of this software are coming with a free plan or there is a trial available so that you can test the right platform for your business. Definitely, with a project management tool, you can increase the overall ROI of your business.