Redmi 5A review : The affordable Desh ka smartphone cheating the customers ?
Xiaomi has become the No. 1 smartphone brand in India as of now. The smartphone company is breaking all the records gradually. Well, when it comes to a device under the price range of 5000 INR, we are limited with options. Even those options are not that enticing and compel you to focus on your budget. It even pushes you to go for bit more for a durable and stable device having proper battery and enough storage and speed. Eliminating all these thoughts and barriers Xiaomi launched Redmi 5A. The company addresses it as a “desh ka smartphone” because of the fact that it is affordable and smart. Well, in the today’s article we will be discussing about the overall Redmi 5A review throwing light on different pros and cons of the device.
Let’s first start with the main specifications before we discuss anything.
|Display||IPS LCD , 5.0 inches
720×1280 pixels , 16:9 ratio
|OS||Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)|
|Memory||32GB – 3GB
16GB – 2GB
|Chipset||Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425|
|Camera||Primary – 13 MP, f/2.2 , LED flash, PDAF
Secondary – 5MP, f/2.0
|Battery||Non Removable 3000 mAh Li-Po battery|
|Quad core 1.4 GHz Cortex A53
|Colors||Gold, Rose Gold, Dark Grey|
Redmi 5A Review
With the release of Redmi 5A, Xiaomi has surely given cut edge competition to the rivals of the particular price segment where they were ruling.
- 5A comes with metal body design like the most of the smartphones of Xiaomi. Even the physical buttons are made of metal. There is no deficiency in respect of body and design.
- There is no finger print scanner coming with Xiaomi Redmi 5A. As a result of which the users will have to lock it using other alternatives like Pattern lock, pass code etc. We can understand that there are some cost constraints about which the company will have to stress while making the budgeted smartphone.
- To be precise, the processor of Snapdragon 425 is not that speedy. It can give lag when running multiple applications in background. Even it is having Adreno 308 GPU. As a result the device may give you bad experience while running high end applications. However,
- screen resolution of 1280×720 (HD resolution) makes the device more competitive and is a threat to the other rival brands. Though some companies are providing HD resolution in such price range but they fall flat in respect of other on board specifications where they provide standard 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM(at least most of them) in competition to 2GB, 16GB storage.
- Redmi 5A comes with 13MP primary camera which is capable of clicking details pictures. Xiaomi Redmi 5A can record 1080p videos at 30 frames per second.
- When it comes to average user expectation, with the budget around 6000, the smartphone proves to be the best alternative among many.
- The support of robust MIUI 9 ROM on the top of Android makes the device super cool. MIUI 9 gives more customization options and off course many option out of the box. It gives notification shade, split screen, Smart photo editing and many other specifications.
More Articles From DroidCrunch
- Samsung Galaxy X : Foldable Smartphone To Launch Soon
- Best 8GB RAM Smartphones to buy
- Your Facebook A/c can be hacked if you do this
- Top 10 MIUI 8 Dark Themes
- Success Tips for YouTube
The smartphone company is not cheating us. However, it is competing the other smartphones in such price range segment. The price of 4,999 of the 16GB variant would remain valid for first five million units.